Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Marvel's Daredevil

As some of you already know, I've become a big fan of Marvel in recent years -- primarily because of "Avengers" and their other related film and television efforts. My personal favorite Marvel superhero is, without a doubt, Captain America. There's just something fascinating about his down-to-earth personality that I like. He's a character you can't help admiring.

In fact, that seems to be the angle I take in all of my superhero fandom. Even in the DC universe, I side more with Green Arrow (as seen in the television series, "Arrow"). He's a human character thrust into a good versus bad world, not because he wants to, but because he has to -- to save the city he loves. He's a superhero, without a super power.

Lately, I've become a fan of yet another superhero, Marvel's Daredevil -- not the Ben Affleck film version, no, the Charlie Cox television version released on Netflix. There's just something remarkably compelling about a blind man using his heightened senses to fight crime on the streets of New York City at night, while fighting injustice by day as a lawyer.

If you're a fan of Marvel, superheroes, or even just a great, well-written thrill ride of a story, look for Daredevil on Netflix. Grab your popcorn and binge-watch. Season one is available in it's entirety, and it's well worth your time. Although, I will warn you, it's a darker breed of superhero. Darker.... but nonetheless addictive.

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)