Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Saturday, May 02, 2015

A New Baas House

So, my wife and I took a new step in life this week -- we're buying our first house. Up until now (for the past five years) we've been living in a nice apartment building. But the time has come to upgrade to something more permanent. So, earlier this week, we made an offer on a house here in Brillion, the offer was countered by the seller, and we accepted. It's legally binding now.... if everything else falls into place (as we anticipate it will), when we close in the near future, the house will be ours.

It's an exciting step. I've never owned a house before. I've lived in many different houses and apartments in my life -- in many cities -- I've moved far more often than I would have liked -- but I, personally, have never owned a house. The nice thing is, though, this is a great house, great location, great neighborhood. We both like it. It has many things our present residence does not. I'm certainly looking forward to the joys and challenges of home ownership, and the growth opportunities it presents, but I can't say that I'm eager for yet another move.

The good thing is, though, when you own a house, the chances of moving drop significantly. I can live with that. It'll be a place to settle into, and a place to truly call home.

I won't say much about the house at this point, there are still a few post-signing steps to complete, and then, of course, there's closing. But when that happens, expect to hear more details. It's a big step, but it's a big step forward. And in life, that's always a good direction to travel.

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)